Portfolio Management Services (PMS)
It is the service offered by the Portfolio Manager, is an investment portfolio in stocks, fixed income, debt, cash, structured products and other individual securities, managed by a professional fund manager that can potentially be tailored to meet specific investment objectives. When one invests in PMS, he owns individual securities in his De-mat account. Portfolio manager understands each customer’s needs and prepares a model portfolio depending upon his financial goals, time horizon and investment outlook. The service also offers clients access to sophisticated investment advisory services aimed at providing strong performance. Customer has the freedom and flexibility to tailor his portfolio to apply personal preferences and financial goals.
1) Portfolio Managers are required to be registered with SEBI.
2) Minimum Investment Amount : Rs. 25 Lakhs.
3) Partial Withdrawal allowed if portfolio value does not fall below Rs. 25 lacs
4) Additional top –ups can be made any time.
5) Mode of Tracking: Holding-cum-performance statement.
6) Mode of Payment: Cheque or Existing Portfolio of Stocks or Both.
Who can invest in a PMS?
1)To invest across asset classes like equity, fixed income, etc.
2)Customized investment solutions.
3)Desire long term wealth creation & understand the risks associated with investing in PMS.